February 4, 2011

Bukit Melawati Lighthouse

The Altingsburg light house, located at the peak of Bukit Melawati, Kuala Selangor, was built by the British in 1907. It is one of the attractions located at the top of the hill, other than the mighty fortress built by Sultan Ibrahim in the 17th century to safeguard the State from the Dutch following the conquest of Melaka by the Dutch.
However, today, not much of the fortress could be seen other than foundation stones and wall apart from the 68 cannons originally used for the defence of the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment